P+P advised Brockhaus Private Equity on the investment in the TMAX GROUP
The independent Frankfurt private equity fund is expanding its portfolio and has acquired a minority stake in Tmax Group, consisting of the Mannheim Thermamax Hochtemperaturdämmungen GmbH and Thermamax Inc., based in Aurora/Illinois/USA.
Thermamax develops and manufactures high-temperature insulation systems, used both in vehicles and ships, as well as in the stationary power generation plants and offshore platforms.
The group was founded in Mannheim in 1976 and has subsidiaries in the US and China; it has become one of the world's leading provider of thermal and acoustic insulation systems.
P+P comprehensively advised on the transaction with an interdisciplinary team in all of our locations:
- Philipp von Braunschweig (partner, PE/M&A, lead, Munich)
- Alexander Pupeter (partner, tax law, Munich)
- Amos Veith (partner, private funds, Berlin)
- Stephan Schade (counsel, private funds, Berlin)
- Tobias Jäger (associate, corporate/M&A, München)
- Michael Schuhmacher (associate, finance, Frankfurt)
- Matthias Werner (associate, real estate, Berlin)
- Christoph Thiermann (associate, PE/M&A, Munich)
Advice included tax and investment structuring alongside the legal form of the purchase agreement, as well as advice on the transaction financing.
P+P Pöllath + Partners regularly advises Brockhaus Private Equity; most recently on the acquisition of a majority stake in J&S GmbH Automotive Technology by way of a secondary buyout. P+P Pöllath + Partners also played a significant role in the structuring of the Brockhaus Private Equity Fund I-III.
On the seller's side, BEITEN BURKHARDT served as advisors under the leadership of Dr. Guido Ruegenberg.