P+P advises lead investor on investment in Fosen Vind DA
Institutional investors and the Swiss energy provider BKW acquired 40% of Fosen Vind DA through Nordic Wind Power DA, a European investor consortium founded by Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners AG.
The Fosen Vind project is currently the largest onshore wind power project in Europe. A total of six wind farms will be added to the grid in the region around Trondheim, Norway in the years 2018 to 2020. With an installed capacity of over 1,000 MW, a total of 278 turbines will annually produce approximately 3,400 GWh of electricity. The total investment costs amount to approximately EUR 1.1 billion, allocated to the three partners Statkraft (52.1%), Nordic Windpower (40%) and TrønderEnergi (7.9%).
P+P Pöllath + Partners advised one of the institutional lead investors – together with the Norwegian law firm Thommessen – with the following interdisciplinary team in all locations:
- Jens Hörmann (partner, lead, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Amos Veith (partner, private funds, Berlin)
- Philipp Kopp (associate, M&A/PE, Munich)
- Dr. Jens Linde (counsel, financing, Frankfurt)
- Daniel Wiedmann, LL.M. (NYU) (counsel, competition law, Frankfurt)
- Dr. Carsten Albert, LL.M. (associate, M&A/PE, Munich)