P+P advises solarisBank AG on series B financing round
The Berlin-based banking platform solarisBank AG ("solarisBank") has completed an additional financing round of EUR 56.6 million; new investors include BBVA, Visa, Lakestar and ABN AMRO. The existing investors Arvato Financial Solutions (financial services subsidiary of Bertelsmann Group) and the Japanese SBI Group are also reinvesting.
Since its inception in March 2016, solarisBank is one of the first fully-licensed financial technology companies. The company is now active in seven European countries and has around 60 corporate customers. solarisBank currently offers three product lines which, in addition to digital banking and card services, financing and credit services, also include interface-based payment and trust services (API).
P+P Pöllath + Partners advised solarisBank on the current financing round with the following team:
- Christian Tönies (partner, M&A, venture capital, Munich/Berlin)
- Eva Nase (partner, stock corporation law, Munich)
- Sebastian Gerlinger (senior associate, M&A, venture capital, Munich/Berlin)
- Sebastian Käpplinger (counsel, supervisory law, Frankfurt)
- Daniel Wiedmann (counsel, antitrust law, Frankfurt)
- Philipp Opitz (senior associate, stock corporation law, Munich)
- Tim Junginger (senior associate, corporate and capital markets law, Munich)
- Georg Seitz (associate, M&A, venture capital, Munich)
- Christoph-Alexander May (associate, M&A, corporate and capital market law, Munich)
P+P Pöllath + Partners has advised solarisBank since its inception and in the course of the first round of financing.